Joanne worked for over ten years as an Executive Personal Assistant and launched Joanne Manville Virtual Assistance in 2015. She has had a very exciting few years, growing her business to include a team of specialist associates and winning UK Outstanding VA in 2019 and 2020. Drawing on her love of admin and organising, Joanne and her team support growing businesses by giving them the time and space to focus on what they do best, Joanne loves assisting business owners, coaches, and entrepreneurs strategically, helping them understand what to outsource and what approach will benefit their business the most.
Work/life balance is high on Joanne’s priority list – not just for herself running a successful business, but also for her clients and her team. Aside from her passion to support growing businesses, Joanne enjoys walks with friends on Dartmoor, the challenge of Escape Rooms, and a good giggle at a Comedy Night.
Of course, spending time with her family is paramount – Joanne has recently bought a new home in Newton Abbot with her daughter and her husband Paul. Never one to shy away from lending a helping hand, Joanne is also on the Executive Committee for the Exeter District Scouts, following many years with them as a Cub Scout Leader.
Awards & Recognitions
- 2022 - Finalist: The Miss Jones Business Support Awards: VA AGENCY OF THE YEAR
- 2022 - Finalist: Devon Women in Business Awards: Best Sole Trader
- 2021 - Nominated: VA Voice Award
- 2020 - UK Outstanding VA 2019 and 2020
- 2018 - England VA of the Year 2018
- 2018 - VA of the Year 2018 (South West)
- 2017 - VA of the Year 2017 (South West)
- 2016 - Finalist - VA Newcomer Awards 2016
- 2016 - Nominated in the 'Entrepreneur of the Year', 'New Business' and 'Customer Service' categories
- 2016 - Finalist in the Exeter Business Awards 2016 'Entrepreneur of the Year'